Below are the financial aid application requirements if you are a current undergraduate student at Cornell interested in applying for or renewing your financial aid.
Important: Application Requirements Due May 15, 2015
- If you are enrolling in a summer session, winter session, off-campus program, or are part of a consortium agreement or engineering co-op, find additional instructions about your financial aid situation here. Then follow the steps and deadlines below to apply.
- Current international students should contact the International Students and Scholars Office regarding their financial aid.
Use our simplified checklist to make sure you've got all the required elements together before submitting your application.
For the most up-to-date version of your requirements, see your Student Center To Do List at studentcenter.cornell.edu
Complete the 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online
- FAFSA is found at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Cornell’s FAFSA code is 002711
- Use the “Link to the IRS” data retrieval tool
- (For NY residents) HESC Endowed code: 0175, HESC State code: 0174
- If you are selected for federal verification when you complete your FAFSA, complete the IDOC verification worksheet and submit with your IDOC materials
Complete the 2015-16 College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile online
- CSS PROFILE is found at https://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile
- Cornell’s CSS Code is 2098
- Complete the Noncustodial Parent PROFILE - If parents are divorced, separated, or were never married
Following completion of the CSS PROFILE registration process, the College Board will provide the student with instructions and information to pass on to the noncustodial parent.
Prepare your IDOC materials
IDOC is a service that processes aid application materials. You will receive an email from IDOC in early February with detailed instructions. IDOC has implemented an online upload system for 2015-16 (preferred method of submitting materials) and will request that you complete a family information section prior to submitting materials or printing a cover sheet.
Log in to idoc.collegeboard.org, complete the requested family information, and follow submission instructions. Note that this year you may submit materials electronically (preferred method) or by postal mail, and you can track your document progress.
If you (the student) or your parents will not file a federal tax return for 2014, complete the IDOC non-filing statement for students or IDOC non-filing statement for parents (parents earning income outside the US refer here) and submit with W2s or 1099s.