- Apply for Aid
- Special Circumstances
- Types of Aid
- Cost to Attend
- Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Financial Aid Application Certification
- New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Eligible U.S. Citizenship Status
- Prorated Tuition
Financial Aid Calculator
This tool may help provide you with estimated eligibility of need-based financial aid from Cornell. Before entering your income and asset information, please keep in mind:
- The calculator is intended for undergraduate U.S. citizens and permanent residents only.
- All estimated financial aid is based on demonstrated financial need; there are no merit-based awards available from Cornell.
- The resulting information is only as reliable as the data you provide.
- Please pay special attention to the worksheet for Untaxed Income/Exclusions in step 7 of the Estimator. Payments to tax-deferred pension plans (from box 12 of your W-2) should be included in this step.
- These are estimates only; the Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment is the final authority on your calculated family contribution.
- Special circumstances are addressed on a case-by-case basis and should be communicated in writing to the Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment.
- If parents are divorced, separated or were never married, both households (including stepparents) should run separate calculations and the combined results will be the total expected family contribution.
The features of this calculator include:
- Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) amounts for both the federal and Cornell’s institutional methodology
- Estimated financial aid package components
- Inflation-adjusted EFC projections any number of years into the future
- What-if scenarios (inheritance, bonus, moving, etc.)
- Printable reports
- Computed education loan payments for William D. Ford, PLUS and Perkins loans
The calculator is optimized for PC’s using Internet Explorer and Mac’s using Safari. Our experience is that most users, but not all, will have good results with other hardware and browser combinations.
Launch Cornell Financial Aid Calculator